Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm very much human

As a devout Catholic, I went to confession today and I realized the priest was drunk, I can smell him. Knowing that I could sense his intoxication, he reminded me that he is very much human and so am I and that was the lesson I have to learn. That was a first. When I came home this evening, my six year old asked me how are people made. I never expect that it would come this early maybe two or more years so, but I was forced to tell her this:

"Babies are made in the laboratory, mommy and daddy have their eggs brought there combined and implanted on the mommy to be carried in the next 9 months. Remember when your blood was taken at the hospital, it was brought to the laboratory, that's also the place where babies are made"
I was the one surprised when she told me "Daddy's egg are called sperm, right?" I said "Yes baby you're right" and she looked at me with a certain air of confidence.

0 comments: