Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Unlikely Subject of Philippine Politics

I am not happy writing this but I just need some answers. Last night I dreamed about ERAP, former president Joseph Estrada, and it is not an obscene dream, I was ushering him towards a door in a hallway  due to his frailty and old age and when he took my hand for support, I was so surprised at his tight grip. I never voted for ERAP and never will ever vote for him again, and I kind of spent a number of nights at the EDSA Shrine during EDSA DOS just to overthrow the old guy. That dream says only one thing...he's got a tight grip...to being the president again....God that is such a horrible dream and it is going to be a horrible future if Erap...whom I dreamed as old and frail ever comes back again to grip on that position and it seems he has learned his lesson and he has no intention of being dethroned again.

Do we really need a president? Philippine politics has always been like showbiz, new fads and passing phases but the prize is not mere fame but power. Now we hear of news of the possible backing off of Mar Roxas for Noynoy Aquino for the sake of unity. Children of former politicians whom they say are representative of the new generation not the old and frail traditional politics. But is the country truly united? People who supports Noynoy are the elite, educated and upper class who only make up a third of the population, will Cory magic work with those of the youth, the impoverished, the uneducated who are still relying on the Showbiz magic of publicity and popularity. It is a chaotic situation! Vox populi...its a shrill inaudible noise.

0 comments: